Sunday, February 1, 2015

Connecting With Educators on Twitter | Following Chats

Getting to the heart of it...
These chats are ways for educators to connect and communicate. They are specific to certain topics and generate discussions that need to be had. For example, in the "No Box Thinking" chat, they have a weekly focus. The first week's focus was teamwork and how it relates to the classroom, your dreams and the students' dreams. It then went into the focus of "dreams" and how society affects it, etc. It's just very interesting to see how different educators responded to the prompts and how they think we should handle certain situations. Below are some things I observed during the chats. 



  • No Box Thinking - #nbtchat 
    • I was interested in how the chat has a mediator and that they guided that chat by asking simple questions with complex answers. It was also engaging - the discussion then kind of led into it's self. The mediator still asked questions but the topics seemed to blend into one another. The one issue I ran into while observing and participating in the chat is that they pushed back one of the weeks because of the Super Bowl. 



  • English Edu - #engchat 
    • This chat wasn't mediated as much as the #nbtchat but I was still engaged in the conversation happening. The other thing I noticed about this chat is that it was more constant - there was always someone posting something throughout the week. This chat also pertained more to me - there are always interesting links that are shared regarding literature and teaching practices that I enjoy going through and bookmarking.  

Next week, I'll be posting about getting involved in one of these chats. I'm leaning towards #engchat...

Curious to see what I'm talking about? Search #nbtchat at 8 p.m. on Sundays and #engchat at 7 p.m. on Mondays at twitter.com!  

No comments:

Post a Comment