Thursday, February 5, 2015

Getting Involved | Twitter Chats

Last week I mentioned participating in one of the chats that I've been following for the last two weeks. I ended up participating in the #engchat for several reasons:

  1. Educators post in that chat throughout the week and the hour that was devoted to it this week was pretty uneventful. I ended up posting later on and retweeting newer information. 
  2. I was more interested in the English chat because I felt it applied to me more.
  3. I was more comfortable with its format. 
  4. Harper Lee is releasing a new book (a sequel to "To Kill a Mocking Bird)  and what kind of future English teacher would I be if I didn't freak out about that a little bit? 
The most I did was favorite a few things, post a tweet about Harper Lee's new book and retweet someone. I felt at ease and accepted into the "community".  I really do enjoy this chat though so I'm planning on keeping track of it. Regarding my involvement, I can see myself retweeting and favoriting things but unless I find something fantastic that I have to share, I probably won't post to the chat that often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment